Tuesday, July 1, 2008

sick day....so I blog about work

Apparently Laughing + restaurant fondue = sick day. This is, for many reasons, bullshit (such as the fact that homemade fondue is no problem, as well as the fact that I need money and sick day does not generate the cash). Anyway, since I'm not at work I decided that I may write freely about it.

I used to love my job. I mean Löve my job. It was engaging, challenging and I felt like I was learning a lot. Also it is part of the area of law in which I hope to someday practice (although I work at a university and not at a law firm). I though I was getting really good experience and besides that I was enjoying the work. Until... my old boss quit and they hired a new guy. New Boss is a lawyer, so I thought "extra bonus!" Wrong Wrong Wrooooong. New Boss is also a control freak who does not know how to delegate. He has taken away roughly 90% of what I used to do (and enjoy). He is even too much of a control freak to let me make his copies. Or send out his mail, because, you know, I might accidentally stick the stamp on my nose and try to mail myself.

For a while, I just didn't have anything to do, but it wasn't a huge big deal (uh, hello, that is what the internets are for). But now he pawns me off on other office staff to make their copies and send out their mail. So, I'm basically miserable all of the time that I am at work (except for lunch). Good thing I've only got 13 days to go.

1 comment:

K said...

I used to work for the MAN and I didn't have the luxury of the internets. I had maybe two hours of work to do a day. After that I cried. I hated it so much I had to quit.

Others would just read romance novels all day. I just couldn't bring myself to that.

I sympathize!